Thursday, December 20, 2007

How to Handwash Socks - A Question

I recently finished a pair of socks - thus the questions, I also finished a hat that I forgot to take a picture of before I gave it to my friend. I have another hat on the needles and the Estonian Garden Wrap is still progressing. Due to other costuming committments, my knitting has slowed down a bit.

Handwash Socks -
A- I need to re-block a pair of socks that snuck in the the regular wash, I understand that I am able to soak the socks in water dosed with some hair conditioner, I can then stretch them out a bit, block them and allow them to dry.

B - What is the best method for Hand Washing socks?
Do I just soak them and hope that the solution cleans them?
I don't was to cause too much agitation and accidentially felt any more socks. My newest pair are made from Alpaca SOX and the label says to handwash.

Any help would be appreciated.

No comments: