Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update and stuff

Hi all -

I have been remiss haven't I. I got involved with a detailed and time sensitive sewing project during the month of September and have been busy since.

I was asked to help with a 1530's Henrecian Tudor gown for a good friend. Having never studied this style I decided what the heck and jumped right in. I am very pleased to report that it turned out very well.





I also started on a new gown for myself 1570's Venetian styled gown. I am nearly complete with that project and hope to have finished photos soon. In the meantime a photo of me in my red underwear. I call it the Execution Kirtle and this will be worn under my gowns to give me the silhouette I need for the 16th C Italian designs.



I have been fitting knitting in as well so all is not lost. Mostly socks for my "I do not want to think" downtime.




Fiesta Baby Boom - I cannot remember the colorway
US 2 Needles
Wendy Johnson Toe Up Sock Pattern - sport weight



Crystal Palace Bamboo Cotton - Ragae
US 0 Needles
Wendy Johnson's Toe Up Sock Pattern - fingering weight


I hope all is well.

For thems that check on it. The next knit night in Sebastopol is November 25th at the Sebastopol Masonic Center.

No comments: