Hypocrite Much? Apparently Yes.

I picked up my pi shawl again after many months of languishing in a bag while I focused on other projects. I am working on the bind off edging and am not quite halfway through with it. There are 574 stitches all told that need to be bound off. The edging is a 10 row repeat and only 5 rows are bound off with each repeat. The bind off ranges 17-24 stitches through the repeat. This is a lot of work, but the results will be worth it.
I am considering entering this in our County Faire this Summer.
Yarn - Fino Baby Alpaca with a Twist
Needles - US 3 or 4 (I cannot remember and did not size them this morning)
Pattern is from A Gathering of Lace the Shetland Tea Shawl.
This is the Everlasting bagstopper found at http://www.knitty.com/ sans twill tape handles. I still need to sew those on.
Yarn - Southwest Trading Company Bamboo
Needles - US 5 & Us 10
A repair I needed to make to a pair of socks I made in November. I wound up separating the upper leg from the foot, knitting in 5 rows (How many I lost due to yarn breakage and separating the pieces) and then grafting/kitchenering the top to the foot. Not pretty, but workable.



No comments:
Post a Comment