
This is a new project I started on Saturday 3-28-2009
This is the Adamas Shawl by Miriam Felton
The Free Pattern can be found here
http://mimknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=document_product_info&cPath=65&products_id=199
Yarn - Jaegerspun Zephyr 2/18 Wool Silk Laceweight.
I have one skein at 630 yards so I think I will be making adjustments to the pattern.
Needles - US 5 (larger than what the pattern calls for, but I am happy with the resulting look)

This is the end result of the felting process for the bag I have been working on.
In retrospect I would not make this bag as long/deep. The end result is a 23" long bag. While I increased the base of the bag, I could have used less repeats of the color merge and been fine. But the final product is good and I am pretty happy with it. Future bags using this pattern will not be as deep.

The final blocking for the Shetland Tea Shawl. I am pleased with the end product.
Luckily my husband helped me with the blocking, but it was hard on my back regardless.
I am fortunate that I do not need to crawl on the floor, but all of that bending over played havoc on my back. I do not know how people block on the floor.
As it is, husbad set op saw horsed on both sides of the pool table to accomodate the two folding mats that I use for blocking.

2 comments:
WooHoo!! You two did a great job. I can't wait to see it in real life.
Kandi
You should be able to re'block' the bag wider, if you like.
If you wet it again, and stretch it around something wider (I used a small garbage can) it'll shorten into something you might like better.
~A
PS. Love the shawl.
Post a Comment