
Save for the blocking the Pi Shawl is complete.
The stone bench is 4'x4' and the shawl is not yet blocked.
I look forward to seeing is all worked out.
Book - A Gathering of Lace
Pattern - Shetland Tea Shawl
Yarn - Alpaca Fino with a Twist. 1.25 skeins (if that)
Needles - Addi Turbo Lace US 3
Began July 27 2008
Finished Knitting March 21, 2009
Caveat - I put this project down in September to work on a costume commission. Picked back up again a few weeks ago to concentrate on the edging.
I did the math. 161 stitches per repeat of the edging, 115 repeats.
18,515 stitches in the edging alone. (this is not counting the various times I had to tink back to correct an error I found.)
To date this is my most complicated project. I am thrilled with the end result.
I was dumb enough to do this with out lifelines.
I am considering entering this in the Sonoma County Fair this summer.

1 comment:
Beautiful!
Post a Comment